Grieser, Jessica. 2013. Locating Style: Style-shifting to Characterize Community at the Border of Washington, D.C. University of Pennsylvania Working Papers in Linguistics: Vol. 19: Iss. 2, Article 10.
Available at: http://repository.upenn.edu/pwpl/vol19/iss2/10
Grieser, Jessica. 2012. [t]inking About Takoma: Race, Place, and Style at the Border of Washington, D.C. Texas Linguistic Forum. 55.
Available at: http://studentorgs.utexas.edu/salsa/proceedings/2012/grieser.pdf
Grieser, Jessica . 2010. The Effect of Dialect Features on the Perception of “Correctness” in English-Word Voting Patterns on Forvo.com. University of Pennsylvania Working Papers in Linguistics: Vol. 16: Iss. 2, Article 10.
Available at: http://repository.upenn.edu/pwpl/vol16/iss2/10
Audience-Directed Intraspeaker AAE Variation: A Case Study in Washington, D.C. (under preparation)
(Abstract and References)
- First qualifying paper, accepted Spring 2010
- Presented at Sociolinguistic Symposium 18, September 2010, Southampton, UK
- Part of the Language and Communication in the District of Columbia (LCDC) project
Rekeying, Contrastive Individuation and Othering: An Intertextual Analysis of White-Knighting in an All-Women Fandom (under preparation)
- Second qualifying paper, accepted Spring 2011
- Presented at Georgetown University Roundtable on Languages and Linguistics, 2011, March 2011